St. Louis Park Middle School offers a unique opportunity for students in 6th-8th grade to participate in extracurricular sports. We offer a wide variety of sports for both boys and girls throughout the school year. Middle school athletics is a great time to continue working on skills, challenge yourself to become better, and try something new.
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I cannot accept not trying.”– Michael Jordan
Athletic Director: Derek Wennerberg - email@example.com
Fall 2020 Middle School athletics will look different from what it has in the past. The following is the plan heading into the start of the 2020-2021 school year.
- Middle school athletics will not begin until we are in hybrid learning which is set to begin on October 5th.
- Not all sports will be offered this fall.
- Football will not be offered at the middle school this fall but opportunities are available through the SLP Football Association for 6-8th grades.
- Volleyball will not be offered at the middle school this fall but we are hoping to offer a late winter or spring season for middle school volleyball.
- Boy’s and Girl’s Soccer, Tennis, and Swimming will be offered once hybrid learning starts. However, depending on other districts we participate against it may be an intra-school season (no competitions against other schools)
Online Registration is now open. Click here to register: Middle School Fall Sports (Select Middle School sport you wish to register for). When prompted to log in, you will log in with the same username and password you use to pay your students lunch account.
If you need help creating your user account click here: Creating New Account
The first day of practice will be announced when hybrid learning starts, most likely October 5th. The season will last until the last week of October. Practices are from 4:00 - 5:30 p.m.
The following must be received by the Athletic Director by October 5th for fall sports:
- Registration and payment (see above for instructions)
- Proof of sports physical exam (exam date can be found on Powerschool) given within the previous three years (which clears the athlete for full participation) on file in the Health Office. If the physical expires during the season, a new physical must be provided before the athlete may begin participation. A well child check-up or immunization records do not count as a sports physical. Click here to download the 2020-2021 Sports Qualifying Physical Examination Medical Eligibility Form.
*Click on sport for more information
Fall Sport Eligible Grades Practice Starts Boys’ Soccer 6-8 October 5 Girls’ Soccer 6-8 October 5 Football 7-8 Cancelled Volleyball 6-8 Postponed Girls’ Tennis 6-8 October 5 Girls’ Speed Swimming 6-8 October 5 Boys’ & Girls’ Cross Country 7-12 August 17 Winter Sport Eligible Grades Practice Starts Girls’ Basketball 6-8 October 29 Boys Basketball 6-8 January 17 Girls’ Hockey 7-12 October Nordic Skiing 7-12 November Gymnastics 7-12 November Boys’ Swimming 7-12 November Spring Sport Eligible Grades Practice Starts Boys’ & Girls’ Track and Field 6-8 March 23 Boys’ Tennis 6-8 March 23 Girls’ Lacrosse 7-8 March 23 Synchronized Swimming 7-12 March 4 Softball 7-12 March 9 Boys’ Golf 7-12 March 16 Girls’ Golf 7-12 March 16