The Career & College Center "Online" assists students in developing their individualized career and college plans!
- Class of 2021 Senior Resources for Career & College Planning Document (9/17/20 Family Night)
- Find Career Planning and Assessment tools (Naviance Student)
- Receive help with the College Application Process
- Receive FAFSA - Free Application for Federal Student Aid Help
- Learn about your options after high school (work, military, technical college, college)
- And so much more....check out all the pages!
For all our students:
*College is an educational institution providing higher education or specialized professional or vocational training
Success in the New Economy: video helps audiences understand that for success in the new economy, students will need applied technical skills, industry-recognized certifications, employability preparation, and rigorous general education preparation.
Distance learning builds excellent skills for students
- Effective Time Management
- Effective and Appropriate Communication
- Technical Skills
- Reading and Writing Skills
- Motivation and Independence
- Stress Management
- Self Advocacy
- Displaying honesty, integrity and perseverance
What the Coronavirus Means for College Admissions and Your Application Process
- Reassuring high school students about transcripts and testing
- Ephasizing virtual tours and other online content as well as extending admissions deadlines http://www.ecampustours.com/
- Accredited Colleges and Universities that do NOT use ACT/SAT Fair Test
- Grading Policy Questions & Answers
- Financial Wellness During COVID/Financial AID for 2020/21
- Impact of COVID-19 on College Admission and Testing
- should reach out to colleges to learn specifically what their school is doing to accommodate applicants
- should be checking a college's website, its application portal and their own email; if a student doesn't see activity, he or she can try calling the college.
- actions matter because many colleges also consider demonstrated interest to be important in determining how likely a student is to enroll if admitted
- Common App maintains an FAQ page for students affected by "natural disasters and other disruptions."