St. Louis Park Public Schools is a nationally recognized suburban public school district, serving approximately 5,000 students.
The District includes four elementary schools (Gr. K-5), one middle school (Gr. 6-8) and one high school (Gr. 9-12). The District educates children ages 0-5 and their families through Early Learning programs and services provided by Community Education. School age childcare and adult programs are also offered through Community Education. An award-winning senior program provides activities and engagement for seniors.
The St. Louis Park Public Schools and the City of St. Louis Park boundaries are nearly identical and both public entities work closely and collaboratively to support residents of all ages. The City of St. Louis Park is a first-tier Minneapolis suburb of approximately 48,171 residents. Both the schools and the city are growing. Over the past ten years, the student population has grown from approximately 4,200 students to nearly 4,600 students, with similar growth projected to continue.
St. Louis Park Public Schools sees, inspires, and empowers each learner to live their brilliance in an environment that centers student voice and experience to create racially equitable learning that energizes and enhances the spirit of our community.
St. Louis Park Public Schools – Where students are seen and valued and become their best selves as racially conscious, globally minded contributors to society.
We believe in:
- The brilliance of ourselves and others. Everyone has the capacity and responsibility to foster the growth and brilliance of others.
- Authentic community engagement. Engaging and supporting our employees, families, and communities will enhance the healthy development of each learner.
- High expectations. Instilling and upholding high expectations empowers students and staff to higher levels of achievement.
- Collective responsibility. Embodying the collective and urgent responsibility of anti-racist practices enriches a work and learning environment and community.
- Persistent effort. Through persistent effort we will create anti-racist schools and academically successful learners.
- Racial consciousness and cultural competence. Racial consciousness and cultural competence are essential to each person’s ability to be a catalyst for change.
- Advocacy for equity. Everyone has equal intrinsic worth and we will advocate for the historically marginalized.