(April 13, 2022) -- At the April 12 school board meeting, new board members Sarah Davis (pictured left) and Virginia Mancini (pictured right) were sworn in and officially seated on the board.
Davis and Mancini will serve until a special election is held in November 2022 to determine who will serve the remainder of the terms vacated by former board members Laura McClendon and Mary Tomback. The seat formerly held by McClendon has a term that expires December 31, 2023. The seat formerly held by Tomback has a term that expires December 31, 2025. The candidate filing period for the November 2022 special election will be communicated at a later date.
- About the School Board
- School Board Members
- Listening Sessions
- School Board Meeting Dates
- School Board Livestream
- School Board Resolutions
- Open Forum Guidelines
- New Panel
The Board of Education is made up of seven school district residents elected at-large to serve terms of four years. The board is the governing body responsible for setting direction and providing support for quality educational opportunities for all students served by the St. Louis Park School District. Further, the board is responsible for providing resources necessary to pursue its goals according to its policies; and monitor district performance to see that results are consistent with goals and policies.
Board members welcome your input. Email the entire School Board at email@example.com. You can also call the school board message line with your questions or comments: 952-928-6040. The Board also holds Open Forum at each Business Meeting, which occur on the fourth Tuesday of every month. To participate in Open Forum, please complete this sign-up form by 3:00 p.m. on the day of the meeting at which you would like to address the School Board.
C. Colin Cox, Clerk
Liaison Assignment: Susan Lindgren Elementary School
Boards/Committees: AMSD, DPAC, Policy Committee, Strategic Plan Core Team
Term Ends: December 31, 2023
Abdihakim Ibrahim, Director
Liaison Assignment: Aquila Elementary School
Boards/Committees: Financial Advisory Committee, Strategic Plan Core Team
Term Ends: December 31, 2025
Ken Morrison, Treasurer
Liaison Assignment: Peter Hobart Elementary School
Boards/Committees: Athletic Advisory Committee; Financial Advisory Committee; School Nutrition Advisory Committee
Term Ends: December 31, 2023
Heather Wilsey, Vice Chair
Liaison Assignment: Park Spanish Immersion Elementary School; Early Childhood Center
Boards/Committees: Community Education Advisory Council, Policy Committee
Term Ends: December 31, 2023
All stakeholders are invited to attend St. Louis Park School Board Listening Sessions to ask questions and have a conversation with school board members. Up to three school board members will attend to listen to stakeholders. It is not an official meeting and no official action will be taken. Please be aware that the school board members will end the listening session 30 minutes after the posted start time if there are no stakeholders in attendance.
There are no listening sessions scheduled at this time.
Please note: All meetings of the School Board will begin at 6:30 p.m. in Room C350 at St. Louis Park High School unless otherwise noted. Meetings can be live streamed and viewed on-demand on the District's YouTube channel.
August 10, 2021
September 14, 2021
September 28, 2021
October 12, 2021
October 26, 2021
November 9, 2021
November 23, 2021
December 14, 2021
January 11, 2022
January 25, 2022
February 8, 2022
February 22, 2022
March 8, 2022
March 22, 2022
April 12, 2022
April 26, 2022
May 10, 2022
May 24, 2022
June 14, 2022
June 28, 2022
Resolution in Support of the Congressional IDEA Full Funding Act - November 16, 2021
Resolution Establishing Combined Polling Places - December 14, 2020
Commitment to Equity and Anti-Racism - August 7, 2020
Climate Leadership Resolution - June 10, 2019
In the interest of open communications, the St. Louis Park School District wishes to provide an opportunity for the public to address the School Board. That opportunity is provided at School Board business meetings during Open Forum. Business meetings are held the fourth Tuesday of the month.
OPEN FORUM GUIDELINES
1. Complete the Open Forum Sign-Up form by 3:00 p.m. on the day of the meeting at which you would like to address the School Board.
2. FOR VIRTUAL MEETINGS ONLY: At the latest, you will receive the link to join the virtual meeting by 5:00 p.m. on the meeting date.
3. Anyone that has signed-up to speak during Open Forum will be acknowledged by the Board Chair. When called upon to speak, you will be unmuted. Please state your name, address and topic. All remarks shall be addressed to the Board as a whole, not to any specific member(s) or to any person who is not a member of the Board.
4. If there are a number of individuals present to speak on the same topic, please designate a spokesperson to summarize the issue.
5. Please limit your comments to three (3) minutes. Longer time may be granted at the discretion of the Board Chair. If you have written comments, the Board would like to have a copy, which will help them better understand, investigate, and respond if necessary to your concern.
6. During Open Forum, the Board and Administration will listen to comments; they will likely not respond to your comments at this meeting. In the event your issue is not discussed immediately, your comments are important to us and will be taken into consideration. Board members or the Superintendent may ask questions of you in order to gain a thorough understanding of your concern, suggestion, or request.
7. Please be aware that disrespectful comments or comments of a personal nature directed at an individual either by name or inference, will not be allowed. Personnel concerns should be directed first to a principal, the assistant superintendent, the superintendent, and finally in writing to the Board. The Board reserves the right to mute individuals or remove them for the meeting for inappropriate behavior.
Note: All meetings will take place in Room C350 at St. Louis Park High School unless otherwise noted.
May 16, 2022 Policy Committee Meeting 3:00 p.m. - High School Main Office
April 27, 2022 Policy Committee Meeting 3:00 p.m. - Virtual via Google Meet
March 2, 2022 Special Meeting 6:00 p.m. - Lenox Community Center Room 115
December 9, 2021 Special Closed Meeting 5:00 p.m. - High School Main Office Conference Room
If you are looking for School Board approved District policies and procedures, click here.