K-12 Online Learning Option
St. Louis Park Public Schools is partnering with Eden Prairie Schools (EP Online) for full-time, online learning for SLP families during the 2021-22 school year. EP Online will provide online learning for students from kindergarten through grade 12. Students will stay enrolled in SLP while attending all their classes at EP Online. To apply for this online learning option, you must first complete the entire form below:
The St. Louis Park Public Schools and Eden Prairie Schools partnership is a natural one as the mission, core values and strategic initiatives align in both school districts.
St. Louis Park Public Schools Mission: St. Louis Park Public Schools sees, inspires, and empowers each learner to live their brilliance in an environment that centers student voice and experience to create racially equitable learning that energizes and enhances the spirit of our community.
Eden Prairie Schools Mission: Inspire each student to learn continuously so they are empowered to reach personal fulfillment and contribute purposefully to our ever-changing world.
Online Learning Partnership Highlights
SLP students may register for online learning at any time during the school year; however, if a student is interested in returning to in-person learning they may only do so at the semester break. Students will be enrolled in St. Louis Park Public Schools while attending classes at EP Online.
EP Online will provide SLP students with instructional technology; including: an iPad (K-8) or a MacBook Air (9-12), as well as a robust technology support system to ensure students stay focused on learning.
SLP students participating in this partnership program will receive regular communications from their classroom teacher and from Eden Prairie Schools communications channels.
SLP Schools students will remain connected to their peers and schools through:
- SLP students and families will regularly meet with a SLP teacher to discuss progress, needed services, and answer questions.
- Families will receive weekly SLP school and district-level communications.
- Families and students are invited (and encouraged) to participate in SLP school and district events and activities.
- Students will participate in SLP athletics and activities, as offered by grade level.
SLP students will have access to all wrap-around services (including social workers, school psychologists, English as a second language and special education teachers) to meet individualized student needs. Services will be provided by SLP Staff.
Students will follow the Eden Prairie Schools official school calendar which is very similar to SLP. CLICK HERE to review and download the 2021-22 Eden Prairie Schools calendar.
Students who are enrolled in Park Spanish Immersion Elementary School (PSI) and select online learning for the 2021-22 school year will receive Spanish programming, but EP Online will not provide a K-5 Spanish Immersion experience. (NOTE: Last year’s online immersion experience was designed as a stop-gap measure to address the global pandemic based on the volume of family interest).
EP Online Program Details
- EP Online for grades K-5 provides live, online interaction with an Eden Prairie Schools teacher each day. Teachers have extensive training and experience in teaching in schools, and online.
- EP Online for grades 6-12 is a blended model of live teaching and independent work that provides greater student flexibility as students move through the grades.
- EP Online provides extensive parent/guardian involvement through scheduled, bi-weekly check-ins with a teacher for students K-8.
- The curriculum is a blend of proven online curriculum strengthened by Eden Prairie School’s high quality curriculum - taught by teachers who know it well.
- EP Online is a state-approved, comprehensive online education provider.
SLP Superintendent Astein Osei and Dr. Raymond Diaz, Director of EP Online, previously recorded a webinar that provides an overview of the SLP Schools and EP Online partnership.
If you have specific questions about enrollment in St. Louis Park Public Schools or registration in the K-12 Online Learning option, please call 952-928-6000.