All practices are located at the Central Community Center Gymnastics Gym.
Central Community Center
6300 Walker Street
St. Louis Park, MN 55416
Season practice is typically held Monday - Friday 4:30- 6:30 pm
See calendar for up to dates info.
If you want to be a part of the team you are expected to be at practice every day if you are healthy and in good academic standing. Practice is M-F 4:30- 6:30pm. Practice may run a few minutes late due to cleaning or team meetings. Practice also includes weightlifting with Mrs. Gust Mondays and Fridays at 3:30pm.
*If you miss a practice or you are going to be late or leave early, you need to bring a note explaining where you were. Valid notes must be from parents, teachers, or doctors, and must be given to Dawn before the missed practice if known it will be missed, or before the next practice the gymnast attends.
Excused and Unexcused absences:
* An excused absence includes illness, religious conflicts or holidays, family vacation, staying late at school with a teacher, or other academic events.
If you are absent from school all day, you are excused from practice, but a parent must email Dawn at firstname.lastname@example.org before practice begins that day.
* An unexcused absence includes homework, babysitting, work, haircuts, dates, not feeling like coming to practice, or being injured. If you are injured, you must still attend all practices unless otherwise organized with a coach.
* One unexcused absence will result in a phone call and/or meeting with parents and missing of a meet or not competing in an event.
* Two unexcused absences will result in dismissal from the team
* Gymnasts who are late to practice without a note or an excused reason will do 10 pushups for each minute missed. Repeated tardiness will result in further action, such as missing an event or a meet.
COVID-19 and cleaning response for our gym:
*Gymnasts and coaches will help to wipe down and sanitize mats and equipment at the end of each practice.
* Gymnasts will be required to wear a mask during warm up, stretching, lines, and group workout/ warm up time, and when riding the bus. When in small groups, tumbling, or competing masks are optional.
ST. LOUIS PARK HIGH SCHOOL GYMNASTICS 2022- 2023 Season Rules
*If a gymnast shows any signs or symptoms of Covid-19, a cold, or the flu (headaches, congestion, cough, sore throat) they must wear a mask the entire time they are at practice or until their symptoms have been cleared for 24 hours.
*If a gymnast is exposed to Covid-19 they must wear a mask for 10 days the entire time they are at practice, regardless of symptom status.
*If a gymnast tests positive for Covid 19 they must quarantine for 5 days, they may return to practice or normal activities on day 6 as long as symptoms are getting better but must wear a mask the entire time they practice for the next 5 days, or until their symptoms are clear, whichever is longer.
* You must be at practice the day before a meet or you will not compete in the meet. You must attend at least 1⁄2 day of school the day of the meet to be eligible to compete.
*Gymnasts must be on the bus on time and at the Community Center on time! If you are released from school early for a meet, you are to use that time to get changed into your warmups and get to the Central Community Center to catch the bus or set up equipment. This time is not to be used to buy food, gas, or snacks, chat with friends, etc. Gymnasts who are late due to these activities may be subject to disciplinary actions, including being removed from your spot on an event.
*Bring your warm up leotard, jacket, pants, and competition leotard to every meet, even if you are not competing. Bring a water bottle, snacks, grips, tiger paws, a mask, and anything else you need.
*Underwear must be skin color or the matching leotard color. Thongs are not allowed. Bra straps must not show.
*No Jewelry during competition, including all earrings, no exceptions. Jewelry and Glitter are prohibited from competition per High School league rules. Violation results in a reduction of the individual and team scores, and ejection from competition.
*Nail polish is allowed, but must be a neutral color, containing no glitter.
• Water bottle/ bottles
• *Athletic tape* Due to low training supplies and availability athletes will be required to bring their own tape in case they cannot be seen buy the trainer or get injured at practice and need to be taped
• Leotard, shorts, sweatshirt, pants
• Tennis shoes or Running shoes
*Every gymnast will help pick up the gym after practice each day. This includes water bottles, personal belongings, mats, and garbage. For every person who doesn’t help, and every mat or piece of trash left out each day, EVERYONE will do 10 pushups per item at the beginning of practice the next day. We are all responsible for keeping the gym clean.
*Gymnasts must ride the bus to and from away meets. In the event of an injury or illness the gymnast may leave with a parent or guardian. (See attached form if necessary).
*If there is an extenuating circumstance for which you would like to take your athlete home from an away meet you must contact Dawn ahead of time for approval.
*No phones allowed at competition anytime, per High School League Rules.
*All gymnasts will help carry the board, move, and hold mats, flash scores, and run music. If you are asked or assigned to these activities, you must help. No exceptions. We are a team and will act as such.
*Gymnasts are required to come straight to the gym once released from school and start setting up the gym. You will be assigned an event or task to set up. Once you finish this task, go help others with theirs. EVERYONE WORKS UNTIL WE ARE DONE!
* Gymnasts are required to stay after home meets conclude to help put the gym back in order. No exceptions. Parents are welcome to help.
*If you were assigned to set up an event, you are assigned to help tear it down. If your event is done, go find another event to help with until all work is done.
*Any gymnast caught not helping to set up or tear down equipment may lose their spot on an event at the next competition.
*You will not use alcoholic beverages, tobacco, or any other controlled substances. You have signed off on the MSHSL form stating that this is for the entire year, including summer. We follow MSHSL rules for any instances of this.
*You must maintain scholastic eligibility. Passing grades and a GPA of 2.0 and higher. If your grades are below a C, please speak with a coach about necessary steps to get back to eligibility status.
Lettering is comprised of your attendance, and your competition.
* You must compete in 5 varsity meets or score higher than a varsity competitor whose score counts towards the team score. This means you must score as high as or higher than the top four scores.
No more than 10 absences (excused or unexcused) are allowed in order to letter.
*Exceptions to this policy include religious conflicts, like the Sabbath, or extended illness, i.e., being in the hospital, developing COVID-19, or sick with another long-term illness, for more than four days with a doctor’s note, and coaches’ discretion.