Introducing Student Opportunities!
- Trades Ambassador Experience (all grade levels)
- Genesys Works Internship Program (Juniors Only)
Trade Ambassadors are hard workers, community creators and authentic advocates for a preferred career path in the trades.
Our Ambassadors have opportunties to: learn about great careers, start a job or training program and receive swag and a $500 grant.
No Application Required!
Questions about becoming a TA, contact Kara Mueller, Career & College Coordinator - firstname.lastname@example.org
Our school partners with Genesys Works, a paid internship program! JUNIORS (Class of 2022) Only!
What is Genesys Works?
- A program to gain professional and business technology skills while gaining college credit during summer training (8 weeks - 5 days a week - 4 hours a day)!
- A paid internship where you could make $15,000 your senior year of high school at a 12-month internship at a major corporation like, Target, Medtronic, Cargill or 3M!
- A support system where you receive post high school planning support and high school credit (2 credits) - can be used as your 5th class and you will be excused from school after 4th hour to go to your internship site.
- Genesys Works Frequently Asked Questions
- New this year, you can NOMINATE students here: Student NominationLink
- Interested students can apply now and attend one of two information sessions on January 20: 11:45 a.m. or 3:00 p.m. ( Zoom link will be shared via Schoology).
Distance learning builds excellent skills for students
Effective Time Management
Effective and Appropriate Communication
Reading and Writing Skills
Motivation and Independence
Displaying honesty, integrity and perseverance
Naviance College, Career, and Life Readiness Live (CCLR) by Kaplan
- Virtual Events
- Paying for College (Video 25 min.)
- Financial Aid & FAFSA Information
- Class of 2021 Senior Resources for Career & College Planning Document
- Career Planning and Assessment tools
- Trades Hub Career Guide
- Help with the College Application Process
- And so much more....check out all the pages!
*College is an educational institution providing higher education or specialized professional or vocational training
Success in the New Economy: video helps audiences understand that for success in the new economy, students will need applied technical skills, industry-recognized certifications, employability preparation, and rigorous general education preparation.
What the Coronavirus Means for College Admissions and Your Application Process
- Reassuring high school students about transcripts and testing
- Ephasizing virtual tours and other online content as well as extending admissions deadlines http://www.ecampustours.com/
- Accredited Colleges and Universities that do NOT use ACT/SAT Fair Test
- Grading Policy Questions & Answers
- Impact of COVID-19 on College Admission and Testing (updated weekly)
- should reach out to colleges to learn specifically what their school is doing to accommodate applicants
- should be checking a college's website, its application portal and their own email; if a student doesn't see activity, he or she can try calling the college.
- actions matter because many colleges also consider demonstrated interest to be important in determining how likely a student is to enroll if admitted
- Common App maintains an FAQ page for students affected by "natural disasters and other disruptions."