2019-20 Driver's Ed Information
Our program has been co-sponsored by Driver Education Inc. and SLPHS for the past 21 years. We are the only program in the state to require our instructors to have dual licensure through the Department of Education and the Department of Public Safety. Families can trust that their children will receive the best training possible.Bill Wodarski | Program Coordinator & Instructor | email@example.com | 651-621-5649Allison Luskey | Site Coordinator & Classroom Instructor | firstname.lastname@example.org | 952-928-6241Christopher Weaver | Classroom & BTW Instructor | email@example.comOverview of the Process
**Parents: Visit the "Parent Information Meetings" page to the left for important information.Classroom Learning Sections
- Classroom Learning (30 hours, $165)
- Pass Permit Test
- 5+ hours of driving practice with licensed driver age 21+
- Behind the Wheel: 3 lessons ($200 + $20 gas)
- Supervised driving log: 50 hours total practice driving
- Driver's License Test
After School Section - Monday-Thursday, 3:15-5:45 p.m., 12 daysSection 2 | Nov. 4-21Section 3 | Feb. 24 - Mar. 12Section 4 | April 27 - May 14
- Location: SLPHS Room B112 - across from gym.
- Attendance Requirement: Students must attend all days of selected section.
- Age for class: Any student age 14 or older may register
- Permit test: facilitated by a state examiner on last day of each session to students age 15 and up.
Summer 2020 Sections - Monday-Friday, 10 daysSection 5 | June 8-19 | 9 a.m - 12 p.m.Section 6 | June 8-19 | 12-3 p.m.Section 7 | July 20-31 | 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.Section 8 | July 20-31 | 12-3 p.m.Registration and Cost - $365
- $165 for classroom portion
- $200 for Behind-the-Wheel, due at first session
- Payments can be made via cash, money order or check - payable to "Driver Education, Inc."
How to Turn in Form & Payment
You can register for a session any time during the year. Please hurry, class size is limited!In the event that St. Louis Park Schools & after-school activities are cancelled due to weather, Driver’s Ed classes will be cancelled as well. We will plan make up dates as needed.
- Drop off: Ms. Luskey in High School, Room B112
- Mail: Driver Education Office, 4925 Dupont Avenue North, Minneapolis, MN 55430