St. Louis Park Middle School offers a unique opportunity for students in 6th-8th grade to participate in extracurricular sports. We offer a wide variety of sports for both boys and girls throughout the school year. Middle school athletics is a great time to continue working on skills, challenge yourself to become better, and try something new.
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I cannot accept not trying.”– Michael Jordan
Athletic Director: Derek Wennerberg - firstname.lastname@example.org
2020-2021 Middle School athletics will look different from what it has in the past. The following is the plan for the 2020-2021 school year.
Girls Basketball is scheduled to start on November 9th and registration is now open!
It will be in house only. We will not be competing against other schools for this season.
What middle school sports will look like in the hybrid learning model:
- Student Athletes will only practice and participate on the days they are in session at school.
- Students with last names A-K will practice and participate in any games/matches on Monday and Tuesdays.
- Students with last names L-Z will practice and participate in any games/matches on Thursdays and Fridays.
Online Registration is now open. Click here to register: Middle School Girls Basketball (Select Middle School Girls Basketball).
When prompted to log in, you will log in with the same username and password you use to pay your students lunch account.
If you need help creating your user account click here: Creating New Account
The first day of practice will be November 9th for Cohort A and November 12th for Cohort B. The season will last until the end of December 22nd. Practices are from 4:00 - 5:30 p.m.
The following must be received to the Athletic Director by November 9th for Girls Basketball:
- Registration and payment (see above for instructions)
- Proof of sports physical exam (exam date can be found on Powerschool) given within the previous three years (which clears the athlete for full participation) on file in the Health Office. If the physical expires during the season, a new physical must be provided before the athlete may begin participation. A well child check-up or immunization records do not count as a sports physical. Click here to download the 2020-2021 Sports Qualifying Physical Examination Medical Eligibility Form.
*Click on sport for more information
Fall Sport Eligible Grades Practice Starts Boys’ Soccer 6-8 October 5 Girls’ Soccer 6-8 October 5 Football 7-8 October 5 Volleyball 6-8 October 5 Girls’ Tennis 6-8 October 5 Girls’ Speed Swimming 6-8 October 5 Boys’ & Girls’ Cross Country 7-12 August 17 Winter Sport Eligible Grades Practice Starts Girls’ Basketball 6-8 November 9 Boys Basketball 6-8 January 17 Girls’ Hockey 7-12 October Nordic Skiing 7-12 November Gymnastics 7-12 November Boys’ Swimming 7-12 November Spring Sport Eligible Grades Practice Starts Boys’ & Girls’ Track and Field 6-8 March 23 Boys’ Tennis 6-8 March 23 Girls’ Lacrosse 7-8 March 23 Synchronized Swimming 7-12 March 4 Softball 7-12 March 9 Boys’ Golf 7-12 March 16 Girls’ Golf 7-12 March 16