Aquila Read$ 2019 | October 25 - November 4
What is Aquila Read$
Aquila Read$ is an annual fundraising campaign that helps our school pay for field trips, arts programs, classroom books, musical instruments, and more. This fundraiser is sponsored by Aquila’s Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) to support our wonderful school community. We don’t ask students to sell anything – just read!
Students are challenged to read 20 minutes or more at home every day, including their Book-In-A-Bag and homework reading.
Each student is challenged to collect $45 or more in pledges from family and friends - or a direct donation - to support their reading goal.
How Can My Family Participate
- Read 20 minutes or more at home every day.
- Log all minutes read on the time sheet, even if you don’t collect money.
- Include ALL your reading! Homework reading, family reading, and bedtime reading all count towards your goal.
2. Raise Money
- Each student is challenged to raise $45 or more. Use the pledge envelope to track donations.
- Ask family and friends for pledges per minute read or a direct donation to support students’ reading goals.
- Request a donation match from your company, if offered. Aquila PTO is a tax-deductible 501(c)3 organization.
- Cash, checks and online donations accepted. Make checks payable to Aquila PTO. Donate online at the "GiveMN" website. Click here for a direct link. Be sure to include online donations on your pledge envelope.
Click here for info in English!
Click here for info in Spanish!
Click here for info in Somali!
Questions? Contact PTO AQ READ$ Volunteers at email@example.com
ALL students who READ will be recognized for their hard work. Prizes will be given as follows:
- All readers will be entered in daily prize drawings
- The classroom that reads the most minutes
- The classroom that raises the most money
- K-2 student that reads the most minutes receives a trophy and will be “Librarian for a Day”
- 3-5 student that reads the most minutes receives a trophy and will be “Gym Teacher for a Day”
- K-2 student that raises the most money receives a trophy and will be “Principal for a Day”
- 3-5 student that raises the most money receives a trophy and will be “Principal for a Day”
- Student that has the highest combined minutes read and dollars raised
- Students (or families) that raise more than $250 will be invited to have breakfast with Ms. Nielsen and Mrs. Tolzin
Aquila Read$ Key Dates
Friday, Oct. 25 | Students will bring home their Aquila Read$ pledge envelope and time sheets and Special Edition Aquila Communicator sent
Tuesday, Oct. 29 | Aquila's Author Night featuring Aquila parent, Aurora Whittet | 6:30 p.m. | Free Family Event!
Monday, Nov. 4 | Final day to count minutes!
Tuesday, Nov. 5 | Turn in pledge money and reading time sheets by the end of the school day