St. Louis Park Public Schools is excited to welcome the Class of 2033 to Kindergarten in the fall of 2020! This website contains information to make sure you and your child are ready for Kindergarten. Please use the links on the left side of the page to navigate to different areas of information.
The Enrollment Center at St. Louis Park Public Schools is here to assist your family with Kindergarten Registration for this fall’s class of 2033! We are adapting our work to continue to assist you with registration during this time of social distancing.
Please complete your registration packet and bring it to the District Office at 6311 Wayzata Blvd. St. Louis Park, MN 55416.
A completed Kindergarten Registration Packet will consist of the following items:
- Early Childhood Screening Requirement form and/or a copy of the Screening Document
- Signed Student Registration Form
- Ethnicity, Home Language, and Prior School Attendance Form
- Signed Parent(s)/Guardian(s) Contact and Student Health Information
- Signed Student Health History
- Copy of the student’s Birth Certificate
- Copy of the student’s Immunization records
- Copy of Parent(s)/Guardian(s) proof of residency - in the form of a utility bill or lease agreement
We have installed a secure drop box for you at the District Office to be able to drop off your registration packet. It is attached to the outside of the building, next to the back door. The drop box is always available - even for after hours drop off.
Please note that submitting a registration packet does not mean your child is registered for school. Enrollment Center Staff will check the drop box regularly, review registration packets and contact you with any questions. If we do not contact you, CONGRATULATIONS! YOUR CHILD IS REGISTERED FOR KINDERGARTEN! The next communication you will receive is from your child’s school.
We look forward to meeting you and your child to continue your educational journey towards graduation in 2033! This is an exciting time and we are here to support you. Please contact the Enrollment Center with any questions you have about Kindergarten Registration.
Enrollment Center Staff
Download a copy of the 2020-21 Kindergarten Guide!
Kindergarten Registration Timeline
Anytime: Schedule a tour of PSI or your neighborhood elementary school
November: Attend Immersion Information Night on November 21 to learn more about PSI
December: Read the Kindergarten Guide that will be mailed to your home
January: Receive the PSI Application in the mail
February: If you decide to apply to enter the lottery for PSI, make sure you return your application to the Enrollment Center by 4 p.m. on February 13.
Late February: PSI applicants will be notified of the results of the lottery; all Kindergarten families will receive registration forms in the mail.
March: Return your registration forms to the Enrollment Center
March 12: Attend Kindergarten Information Night at your child's assigned elementary school
Things you should know about Kindergarten in St. Louis Park:
- Rigorous Instruction
- IB-PYP and Spanish Immersion Options
- Average Kindergarten Class Size of 23
- Focus on Equity for ALL learners
- Updated Facilities Focused on Next Century Learning and Student Safety
- Before and After School Care Available
Watch this short video to get a glimpse of what Kindergarten will be like for your child: