Advanced Placement (AP) is a program of college-level courses offered at many high schools. Courses are available in many subject areas, including English, history, humanities, languages, math, psychology, and science. The focus is not on memorizing facts and figures, but instead on engaging discussions, approaching and solving problems together, and learning to write well.
AP Courses Offered at St. Louis Park High School
AP Environmental Science
AP European History
AP Spanish Language
AP Spanish Literature & Culture
AP U.S. History
AP World History
AP Exam Registration: September 21 - October 21, 2020
Cost: $70 per exam
Must Know Details about AP Exam Registration
- Registration will take place on line at: www.totalregistration.net/AP/242205
- Registration after October 21, 2020 will incur significant late fees *Late fees cover College Board fees for late exam orders
- Students who receive Free/Reduced Lunch must go through Total Registration https://user.totalregistration.net/AP/242205 before November 11 to request a waiver.
- There is no cancellation fee for AP exams, but an extra $40 late fee will be imposed for students who register and/or pay after November 11.
- Students who would like to take an AP exam, but for whom the cost is prohibitive, should contact their Counselor or the Testing Coordinator about grants to cover the fee
Students are required to sign each AP answer sheet on exam day acknowledging that they agree to abide by the policies and rules of College Board.
Electronic devices are strictly prohibited in the exam rooms and during breaks (except for approved calculators for exam). Possession of an electronic device during an exam or break will result in the immediate dismissal. Exam fees will not be refunded if dismissed.
Eligibility for Test Accommodation
Students with an IEP or a 504 who need special accommodation such as extra breaks or extended time need to contact their school counselor. College Board deadline to apply for accommodations is January 15, 2021.
Other Exam Information
College Board: https://myap.collegeboard.org/login
St. Louis Park High School Website: slpschools.schoolwires.net/domain/637
Questions: Contact AP Exam Coordinator, Jami LaPray, firstname.lastname@example.org General Information
- Exams scheduled May 3 through May 14, 2021
- Late Exams scheduled May 18 through May 20, 2021
- Morning Exams - begin at 8:20 a.m.
- Afternoon Exams – Begin at 1 p.m.
- Test sites are various locations within the school: see details in Learning Lab, Counseling Office, A203, and AP Classrooms
- Late bus transportation available with a two-day notice. Contact Ms. LaPray for details, email@example.com
What to Bring
- Water in transparent or opaque water bottle (no stickers or labels on bottle)
- Sharp #2 pencils (no mechanical) and a black or blue pen
- Dress in layers
- Snack in clear bag or original packaging
Do Not Bring
- Unauthorized electronics including, but not limited to the following:
- Cell phones
- Apple watches
- Fitbits or similar health tracking devices
- Watches with alarm
- Hats with brims
- Nothing is allowed on the testing tables except pencil, pen, and approved calculator
- Reference materials
- Snacks in opaque bags or lunch boxes