Districtwide Construction Update
The District’s Facility Core Team met virtually on Friday, April 17 to get an update on current and summer construction projects from Facilities Manager Tom Bravo.
With the recent news that schools will be engaging students through distance learning for the remainder of the school year, several construction projects that were scheduled to start in early June, will now begin in mid-May.
More information will be shared throughout the Spring and Summer, but here are some important pieces of information at this time:
- Peter Hobart Elementary, Susan Lindgren Elementary and the Middle School will be closed to the public from May 18 through August 28.
- Exterior work has begun at Central Community Center. The west side of the building that formerly housed Park Spanish Immersion as well as the entire basement level will be closed as of June 5.
- The gymnastics gym will not be in use this summer, however, the pool and upper gymnasium at Central will remain open. Construction work on the Central Clinic is expected to be completed by May 8.
- High School construction projects involving the Auditorium and the Main Gymnasium will begin on May 18.
- Fencing has been put up around the perimeter of the Middle School site and will remain up for the next 13-15 months as construction work begins on the new Performing Arts Space, the new Cafeteria and elsewhere. Any families or staff entering the Middle School between now and May 18 will need to use the alternate entrance that has been constructed near the center of the front of the building.
- Other summer projects include replacing a rooftop unit at Aquila Elementary; replacing a cooling unit at Lenox Community Center, and roofing work at Peter Hobart, Susan Lindgren and the High School.